Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Papppaw


Well my poor Pappaw is not doing so great. About a month or so ago he was bitten by a spider on his lower leg around the ankle. It never healed like it should have plus he's diabetic. Well he's in the hospital now because his tendon has started to die. Let me back up a little bit, a few weeks ago he went to the hospital and had surgery to remove the infected bite, that left a hole in his leg where they removed it. It never started to heal up and he began to have a lot of pain. Come to find out all that pain he was having was from his tendon beginning to die. Now they know that he didn't have to good blood flow in his leg and that's why it wasn't healing. So they now where going to try and do something with his veins for blood flow. That didn't happen, something about how he has hardening of the arteries, I don't know everything. So the outcome now is that unless God heals him, he is going to lose his leg from the mid thigh down.

My mom is there with him and has been for about two weeks now. She is very tired and worn out and now my Pappaw may have to face a very big challenge. He is a very depressed person and he is not going to do well with this news. My Nanny is doing alright, but this will be a very big challenge for her as well. I'm praying for total healing and for the doctors to be amazed at the power of GOD!

I don't know how I'll tell Audrey about this because she is a very emotional person. She will definitely be very upset. I cried for quite sometime after I got off the phone with my mom last night. I don't want this to happen, but I know it could be much worse.

No comments: